Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Part P conudrum.....

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:28:06 +0000 (UTC) Dave wrote :
What use is that, for referencing in the future? If HSE is so
vital, why is it not available fro free?

Oh! It looks like another stealth tax. Why didn't I think about
that earlier :-(

In fairness to TPTB British Standards have always been expensive
even with members 50% discount. What has changed in the last ten or
so years is that all new government acts, circulars, Building
Regulation ADs etc have been made available as free downloads - a
stealth tax in reverse in fact. Prior to this a set of Building
Regs ADs was about £80 IIRC.

Arguably HMG should finance BSI but I suspect that BSI would prefer
not to be in receipt of government money and the control that would
go with it.

In other countries the regs are free.