Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke

Default Disposing of Fluorescent Tubes

In article , raden
wrote:

In message , Andy Hall
writes
On 11 Feb 2006 09:00:14 -0800, wrote:
The mercury released from the teeth
fillings of the people who died is orders of magnitude higher.
In the UK, it averages 3g per person at the crematorium.

Sheesh - how many people nowadays have Hg fillings in their teeth?

I'm not sure about that, but modern filling materials are stronger and
adhere better than amalgam filling material so when it comes to
replacement

I can't agree there

I've had problems with ceramic fillings falling out

I think that used to be the case but apparently there's been recent
developments with "white" fillings that make them stronger than amalgam.
My dentist proposes to replace a persistently troublesome broken amalgam
filling with a white one which he reckons should have a better chance of
survival. More expensive than amalgam and not available on the NHS
because it's not a front tooth but probably more cost effective
considering the number of times amalgam ones in that tooth have broken.

--
Mike Clarke