Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Part P conudrum.....

Huge wrote:

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:47:29 +0000, Tim S wrote:

Dave wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

Part P has done much to erode the rule of law.

What can one expect of the dunce that started this?

When I see the 'ODPM' I quake, as he is so incompetent.

If he had half a brain, if only :-)

Dave

To be fair, Fatman John is not actually dreaming up most of this crap -
it's more often than not in response to some directive from the EU.

I can find the directive behind Part P if you wish for some evidence.

Except that the UK is notorious for "gold plating" EU legislation. I'd be
prepared to bet that the existing law already met EU directives, and then
some, but whenever a new EU directive lands on some beaurocrats desk in
Whitehall, he rubs his hand with glee and makes up another 200 page law.

I can believe that, though I cannot understand WHY. It's like being asked to
shoot your own legs off and then using an RPG just to be sure of a good
job.

Tim