Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Fixit

Default Remove patches of emulsion paint from plaster where it is stuck hard n' fast!

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Cordless Crazy wrote:
Have been gunning out for some socket back-boxes and chasing the walls
for some cable runs and found the emulsion on top of the plaster
flakes off relatively easily (in places) with the impact of the
chisel from my SDS drill. Ultimately I want all the emulsion removed
as the wall is now half with, and half without.

For the aresa where the emulsion does not flake off easily - is there
a good way of getting it off? Chemicals maybe? Scrappering it off
does not work/produce a quick result.

I want to make good the chases and not have to fanny around with
sanding/filling/sanding/feathering the edges where the paint remains.

Any ideas?

I've always said and will keep on saying it, its best to line new
plastered
walls for problems of this ilk.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite