Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Power Drill Recommendations .

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:41:42 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Stuart" wrote in message
.. .

I am looking for a replacement drill for my Black and Decker 600Watt

The new Bosch Lith Ion battery drill he rates and gives the torque, but
the men on site will not buy it as they don't think it can do the job
viewing battery voltage as the yardstick, and it does not look macho
enough for them. Around 2 amp/hr is what the site boys are going for.
BTW, an Aldi I went in had for £17 a small fit in your palm type Lith
Ion battery driver of around 7.5v. Looked very handy, and it will
probably have the torque of a NiCad 12v.

His personal view is that 24v is only worth it on SDS drills, as they
are too heavy. He rated the Kress/Wickes range of tools, which he
said had stood the test of time.

So to sum up, he agreed with all that you've ever said,in detail, with
no disagreements at all. You must have felt completely vindicated,
and should feel justifiably proud.....

The bit about wanting macho looking tools but then buying some bargain
basement make simply doesn't ring true.

Brands are everything to that sort of chav.

We have contractors of one sort or another in near continuously. And since
dribble has made this comment before I note what makes they're using.
Invariably Makita, Bosch or DeWalt.

--
*If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.