Posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Want to replace old flat tv cable with better coax.

jg wrote:

Twinlead has less signal loss than coax so it's
preferred in reception areas where signal
strengths are low.

Should I be worried about this? Currently the twinlead only runs from
the top of the antenna to where it enters my house. About 40 ft. Then
I have coax in my crawl space for another 80 feet or so. 30 ft of
which is just coiled and wasted. Reception for local (Sacramento)
stations is pretty good. Reception for San Francisco stations is too
grainy to watch at times. My zip code is 95682. (So I should not
expect too much from San Francisco.)

If need be I can replace the existing twinlead with new twinlead.
Should I look into this?

jg

Hi,
Twin lead also has better quality foam ones not the skinny twirly kind.
Coiling up extra coax is not a good idea it can act like RF choke and
could lower signal level.
Tony