Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default welding and steel

According to ANIMAL :
what is the reason that sauder dousn't stick to steel such as sauder
and a socket to create somthing...

I *think* that you mean "solder", not "sauder". The spelling
makes a difference when you are attempting to find information via
Google or other such search engines, and your spelling is so far off
that I'm not even sure that it could offer a reasonable suggestion for a
corrected spelling.

Solder (soft solder, the lead-tin alloy) wets copper, brass and
tin-plated surfaces nicely.

It does *not* wet steel very well in most cases, without extreme
measures.

me and my friend where trying to
make somthing and we couldnt sauder a steel peg to a steel socket...
why is that?

Try "silver solder", or perhaps brazing. They will need
different tools, as a soldering iron or a propane torch will not get hot
enough, and the way silver solder is used is rather different from soft
solder. Spend some time searching for information on "silver solder"
and you might find enough information to get you started.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564