Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Tom

Default What is it? CI

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Tom wrote:

snip

I see you're too tired to look up a dictionary or perhaps you don't
know what one is? That people started calling castellated nuts,
slotted nuts is because too many people and it appears that includes
yourself were unable to comprehend the term, castellated. It's called
dumbing down. To be charitable, one could I suppose, say it saves ink..

Nope, I looked it up, just for you.

Just because you don't want to be technically correct to know there is a
difference, doesn't mean you have to accuse everyone of "dumbing down."
The problem is that you call castellated nuts slotted nuts when they are
not. Castellated nuts and slotted nuts are two different nuts.

No I don't, slotted nuts are castellated..

Looked it up? Yeah right. Have another look.

Tom