Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns

Default Bubble jet mountain

Tim S wrote:

It's at this point that I decide it's time to strip and clean. The SP890
doesn't have an actual error code for this condition, but the symptoms are
random muck and blobs appearing on the paper as they fall of the head.

would be nice if they told you what the error meant so you could decide
to clean it if you wanted, rather than just saying, return to factory

The one thing I *do* like about the cheap Epsons is that they were open
about the print control codes early on, so the linux drivers (courtesy of
gimp-print) are of exceptionally high quality and functionality.

agreed, though I don't think gutenprint (nee gimp-print) uses the
lightcyan/lightmagenta of my 6ink printer, and it can't print to the CD
tray.

Easier if using CUPS these
days, just blag the MacOSX PPD and plug it in.

to the point that it literally is usb plug and print :-)