Posted to alt.home.repair
Slim Bastard

Default Proper way to mud seam between Backer board and Green Board?

Apply the wonderboard (cement) anywhere that water or moisture may present a
problem including ceilings. Tape the edges with green fiber mesh
(waterproof for wonderboard) and tape all seams with durabond setting
compound. Feather edges.
NEXT STEP:::: USE DURABOND TO ADHERE TILE TO BACKERBOARD!!!! Do not use
thinset or acrylic pastes. The setting compound will adhere the tiles far
better than anything else.
Use siliconized tile grout when finished.
"Paul Franklin" wrote in message
news
On 11 Feb 2006 14:29:00 -0800, "
wrote:

Can a person use all cement board? then mud the non tile areas? this
would be more durable in a warm moist bathroom?

Yes, you could finish it like drywall and give it a skim coat of
plaster. But my plastering skills are not good enough to skim coat a
large area and have it look decent, so I stick to drywall.