Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

Default Grout Removal

I just did a grout removal in one of the baths in my house. I used a Fein
Multimaster with a diamond disk make especially for grout removal. The disk
vibrates back and forth (doesn't rotate as in a saw blade) and hence kept
the dust to a minimum. This tool worked wonderfully. Wouldn't do another
grout job without it. However, there is one drawback...it's a bit
expensive....I think the Multimaster costs approx. $200.00 and the diamond
disk another $50 or so. Well worth the investment, I think since the
Multimaster does a superb job of sanding also.

Mark

"Stuart Benoff" wrote in message
Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove worn out grout from between
tiles in a stall shower? Do I need to grind it out of there? Is there a
way to soften it up and then scrape it out?

Thank you.