Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR

Default Concrete Grinder vs. Self leveling

I'm not expert at laying tile, but the expert I hired during a renovation
always made his first project to absolutely level the floor. In one room, a
newly enclosed ex-patio, one end had to come up about two inches on one
side. He won't do a tile job without first precisely leveling the floor,
and his final results are beautiful.

Given that, if you want a quality job you'll have to level the addition
anyway, so you might as well level it with the adjacent room. -- Regards

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am doing some remodeling work. The house had an addition put on some
time again, guessing about 25 yrs. I removed a wall between the two
and wish to install parquet floor in, the problem is that the concrete
does not transition smoothly from one room to the next. There is about
an inch difference in elevation. Would it be easier and cheaper to
grind down the high spot, or buy some self leveling compound and just
flash the floor with that. It seems that the self leveling compund
would be rather expensive, do to the coverage area that needs to be
fixed. Let me know your thoughts.