Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian

Default Integrity. It does exist in the Home Inspection profession- A positive rant.

wrote:
I've had good inspections and bad. Even the best inspection isn't good
enough to catch everything. Look at what you spend money on when
buying ahome The inspection is 300-400 and can be of enormous benefit
in negotiating. Title insurance costs hundreds, or in some states,
over a thousand. It pays off 8 percent of the time.

Title insurance is a SCAM yet people bitch about paying an inspector ?

I didn't pay title.

And yes title insurance, is the worst scam i have ever seen. If you buy
house
from the builder, the risk the land it is built on owned by
somebodyelse is pretty low.
And even then builder will be responsible.

My old house title had line that read: not responsible for unrecorded
....,
no coverage for encroachments unless legal survey is attached at the
time
of closing. When it looked like we had a possible problem, they
mentioned
fine print.... I asked "Chicago Title" manager when do they pay claims?

She was not aware of any residential claims, ever that they paid....

SCAM