Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Home FM Antenna

Folded dipole - with graphics - like I suggested.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Winston Smith wrote:
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 09:25:08 -0800, JR North
wrote:

So what's the best plan? If I string a dipole antenna, what are the
optimum leg lengths? Are the circular indoor "amplified" units any good?
Any other ideas?
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Try something simple before you spend money. A lot of those fancy
indoor antennas are bogus.

If you are reasonably close to the transmitter, make one out of
twin-lead/lead-in. Put it broad side to the transmitter.

How to make an FM antenna
http://www.kgnu.org/howtohear/antenna.html

I'm pretty close to the transmitters and a couple feet of wire
dangling down works pretty well.

--
W§ mostly in m.s - http://members.1stconnect.com/anozira