Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Any HSMs in Hickory area of NC?

The Klingspor sanding and grinding disks, belts, sheets are for both
wood and metal. They are so close to wood that wood is there main business.

I've used it for many years and it continues on being the best.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

David Merrill wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to NC. I've been setting up [for several years now] a wood and
metalworking, basement hobby shop in our retirement (Boeing,
Olin-Winchester) home in Fletcher, NC. My interests are flintlock Kentucky
rifles, violins and astronomy telescopes. I'm also looking for a smallish
knee mill and a lathe. You may find helpful the following eBay search link
for 'metalworking equipment' within a 200 mile radius of Hickory zip code
28601. Western North Carolina (WNC) isn't exactly the Mecca of quality used
machine tools :-)

http://business.listings.ebay.com/Ma...stQQsofocusZso

Also the following eBay search link for 'metalworking and manufacturing'
within 50 miles of 28601 zip code and nets small tools.

http://business.listings.ebay.com/Ma...stQQsofocusZso

If you've any interest in woodworking, Hickory has Klingspor's

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/

David Merrill

"Rich Goldner" wrote in message
link.net...

I just moved from Broward county, Florida to retire in Granite Falls, NC
(Hickory area). In FL I had a nice shop with a 12X36 lathe and a baby
Bridgeport (that I converted to CNC). I sold the lathe and mill to a

couple

of metalworking friends rather then moving them. Now, I will be setting up
shop in the new home. I will be aquiring a lathe and mill to replace the
ones I sold.

I miss my metalworking buddies. Is there anyone in my area into home shop
machining?