Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default paradigm shift wi/o a clutch was OT - "Out, damned spot! Out, I say!"

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:08:07 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
k.net...
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
k.net...

Ed Huntress wrote:

I don't remember whether your big spontaneous march made the news.

What

did

make the news was Martin Luther King leading peaceful marches for

equal
treatment under the law, and that they killed him for it.
*****
Ed Huntress

Hey Ed, Who all is this "omnicent" THEY ? Way I heard it, it was

one
bigot. :-)
...lew...

Do you believe that?

Ed Huntress

Well with no personal knowledge of the event, what am I to
"believe" except what is released to the various media over
quite a time span??
...lew...

Well, it's the official government position. In fact, there always has

been
a lot of suspicion among the media about whether it was true. Ray, a
mediocre shot who apparently hadn't shot a rifle for years, goes out and
buys a .30/06 Remington Gamemaster, and then a few days later shoots MLK

in
the head, while leaving only two fingerprints on the rifle...'real
interesting.

Anyway, the point is that somebody shot him, and maybe more than one

person
was involved, so I said "they," in the inclusive sense. And you wondered

who
"they" are, and I said I don't know but asked you -- but you don't know,
either. So it's still "they."

Probably the same "they" that left a pristine Carcano bullet on the
gurney under JFK. The same bullet that had no rifling marks, even
though it supposedly had been not only been fired, but fired though a
human being.

Did you ever see the photo taken from on the balcony, a few seconds after
King was shot? Everyone on the balcony is pointing -- nowhere near where Ray
was.

'Lots of interesting stuff involved in both cases.

--
Ed Huntress