Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default An OT oscilloscope question

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:12:07 GMT, Rich Grise
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:02:26 -0800, Eric R Snow wrote:

On 10 Feb 2006 11:35:35 -0800, "Dave" wrote:

Eric R Snow wrote:
[...] Do I just set the 'scope to the right volts/div, the probe at
10x, and touch the probe to the hot wire? [...]

Yes, but before you electrocute yourself be sure to go over to a
sci.electronics group and post a lathe question.

That's an excellent suggestion! I know that I could post the 'scope
questions on sci.basics but the knowledge base here is pretty wide and I
know from the poster's names that their info is trustworthy. Also, I
answer questions here and am known here. This sometimes helps when I ask a
question.
ERS

Actually, your name sounds familiar to me, and I'm more of a regular on
sci.electronics.design/.basics, but also lurk rec.puzzles and
sci.engr.mech from time to time. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Greetings Rich,
I do post on the basics group also. So I recognize your name and
advice. RCM has such a varied group of folks that there are lots of
good answers available. And since the knowledge base is so wide the
interests are also. Even though the name is METALWORKING many other
posts of interest to a large number of readers get posted here too. I
don't mind the off topic posts. If I don't wanna read 'em then I
don't. I do try to make sure any off topic posts I make are marked as
such so others can avoid reading them.
ERS