Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Gloat and dilemma

I have bought a couple things off eBay. I never left any kind of feedback.
Never knew you could. Wasn't to concerned with it and didn't know there was
such a thing until it started being discussed here. Ignorant of the system,
I am, so what I am about to say may well be off the mark but here goes.
Assuming that you are just a buyer, not an eBay trader that also sells, what
is bad feedback that he may give you worth? Is there some way that they can
set up their auctions so they won't take bids from selected people? What are
they going to say about you? That your money wasn't green enough? After
winning an auction, can the seller back out on the deal if he doesn't like
the buyer? I don't know eBay's rules but I would think that someone puts
something up for auction, they are obligated to sell it to the highest
bidder, whether they like them or not. I read your original post with a
description of the damage and the way it was packed. No reasonable person
would call that packing job adequate. It was very obvious that, once he got
his money, nothing else mattered. If I were you, I would do one of two
things, either leave no feedback at all or describe the problem. In no way
would I give this guy a positive.
"Enoch Root" wrote in message
news:sLidnX3wL5zsz3PenZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@forethought. net...
CW wrote:
If you are not going to be honest in leaving feedback, the whole

feedback
system should be scrapped. What is the purpose of it if not to give

honest
opinions of the sale?

Yes, I'm running up against my principles as you can see, and now have
to act (or not) on them.

er
--
email not valid