Ken Finney

Default '85 Toyota Truck - Engine Dilemma

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote in message
I tried posting this over at the Toyota truck newsgroup and got no
help, so back to RCM is it.

3 weeks ago my 85 Toyota 1-ton blew it's rod bearing.
Instead of replacing the engine again, I opted for another truck.
I got a 86 extra-cab, longbed (yes it has both and is really long) in
excellent condition.

Now I don't want to get rid of my 1-ton because it is really rare and
since I do metal fab, that 1-ton suspension has been really useful.
I spent a lot of time and money over the last year replacing a lot of
parts on the truck.
What I want to do is bring the truck back to life.
I have to choose how to do that.
It currently has the Fuel Injected 22REC engine.
A good rebuilt one is around $1500-$1600.
A junkyard pulled engine is like $400-$700 as far as I can find.

snip

Have you checked those places in the Little Nickel that sell low mileage
engines from Japan?