Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise

Default Another 'scope question

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:20:43 -0800, Buy_Sell wrote:

Hi Eric, the following website might be of interest to you.
http://www.eng.yale.edu/ee-labs/morse/probe/probe.htm

------------------------------------------------------------- Eric R Snow
- Fri, Feb 10 2006 12:58 pm

The display shows the square wave with 6 divisions vertical and just over
10 divisions horizontal. Using the VAR knob in the center of the time/div
knob I can adjust the display to show exactly 10 divisions. When this is
done is the display correct? Or is it the calibration bar that is wrong?
Thanks,
Eric

I don't know what the "calibration bar" is, but if you're talking about
that little loop, the frequency isn't guaranteed to be accurate: in
'~1000Hz', the '~' means "approximately".

If the scope is in cal, then the sweep is calibrated when the var. knob is
turned all of the way clockwise, until the detent clicks.

What it's showing you is that your internal calibrator isn't calibrated
for frequency, which it says right on the front panel: " ~1000Hz ", so
it's not "wrong", either.

Hope This Helps!
Rich