Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default any advice for fastening lanyard to copper stock?

Hi all.

I want to make some simple key fobs/chains out of small (e.g.
3/8"-1/2") copper bar stock, but am not sure of the best way to fasten
the lanyard to the copper... Threading a hole into it seems like a
pretty straightforward (and cheap) way to do it, but i don't know how
long it would hold up (possibly add some adhesive to the threads?).

Welding/soldering seems kind of risky to the finish.

Simple glue doesn't seem strong enough to hold up.

This is just a little craft job, i don't really have any good
metalworking gear. Any suggestions? I'm assuming the lanyard material
will matter as well, any ideas there?

Thanks!!!

Bob