jim rozen

Default '85 Toyota Truck - Engine Dilemma

In article , Ernie Leimkuhler says...

I love this truck.
There is some question whether the block is worth rebuilding since it
might be too damaged.
I figure I could get a pulled block from a local junkyard, and just
rebuild the engine on a bench.

Thoughts?

Toyotas of that vintage usually don't have much
frame or body left. Is there something special
about this truck that made it last longer?

I'm suprised that the toy ng or mailing lists
don't do better. I had the url for a very good
one, mostly truck-related, which I queried about
my camry questions. It was pretty good.

I'm also suprised that a 22R motor had the bottom
end go. I thought those things were pretty much
bulletproof.

Jim

please reply to: