Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Default Part P conudrum.....

River Tramp wrote:

The way LA Building Control works is residential extensions and
alterations
are done at a loss, and are cross subsidised by commercial work. However
AI's are taking larger and larger %'s of the market. Rumours are the fees
for domestic work could triple so we can break even. (no profit, just
break even).

I predict a sharp drop in BNAs when that happens.

You work in an LA? Are you getting annoyed with all the new pointless (IMO)
crap being passed down from the EU via the ODPM? Round my way the more
skilled DIYers I talk to and the more houses I look at inhabited by the
same, the more apparent it is that building regs are being viewed less as
"an entirely sensible thing", eg Part A and the bits on fire, to "sodding
beaurocracy". And we are not talking about Mick Pikey and Kev Chav types
here either.

Tim