Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Elecric shower blown fuse

Andy Pandy laid this down on his screen :
It's a 30A fuse, I'm not sure of the power rating of the shower (it's a
Heatstore
Esprite II), but I guess it must be taking pretty close to 30A. But it has
been
working fine for at least 6 years.

I'm probably being over cautious, but the whole concept of a high power
electrical
device which has blown a fuse in close contact with water which gets sprayed
on me
has started to worry me. Would an RCD be advisable?

If the fuse blows again soon, then I would become concerned, otherwise
it is likely that the fuse died of old age rather than an actual fault.

Irrespective of the above, an RCD would be a good idea anyway.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)