Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz

Default Bubble jet mountain

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message

"Suz" wrote in message

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert my surname here wrote in message

"Suz" wrote in message

... Why anybody would bother to have one is more than I know, it's so
cheap and easy to upload and order photo prints online these days.

OK, I suppose, for people who would have been happy with putting their
film into the chemists to be developed. Adobe Photoshop CS and something
like my Epson Stylus Photo 2100 are the modern day equivalent of having
your own darkroom.

My arse.

Send me a photo of it and I'll do a far better print than you can buy
online :-)

I'm nearly tempted...

Inkjet printing for business headers etc looks crap. Stick to mono
laser for that.

Colour laser looks even better.

Well yes of course but they are still out of most people's personal
budget.

You were speaking of business headers, not personal use.

Yes, that was confusing. I was thinking of a one-man-band business versus
personal. Big businesses all have headed paper.

Cheap colour lasers don't colour match well.

Cheap is relative. ISTR my colour laser was about £2,500, which I consider
cheap for the job it does.

Professionally printed headed paper is the way to go if you have the
budget.

Have you any idea how long it would take me to use up the minimum print
run on a four-colour printed headed paper? I moved address before I used
up the last lot I had printed.

I suppose it really depends on the work. Certain businesses don't need the
"image" of colour printing, and others definitely do but may not have the
turnover in paperwork. I would imagine the latter would be professional and
could afford to do the colour laser option properly.