Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Default RCA sound problems

Thomson has been experiencing this particular problem for way too long. The
cap bypass is a work-around for very poor engineering. IMHO! APEX, Funai,
Daewoo, etc do not experience these problems at all and we consider them
junk?? Of course, at this point, Thomson will not re-engineer a fix
retroactive for all the products they have dumped on the consumers. Check
the other posts regarding the RCA Audio Drop Out problems and the fix others
are doing as a work-around. Cheers.
wrote in message
news
Hi. If I understand correctly, you are talking about the 195 having sound
only on channel 5 and maybe a few others. So disconnecting the GEM box
will
solve this, with the loss of the 'Guide' crap?

I have a lady with this problem. For her ball game the other day, I
bypassed
the tv tuner with vcr and AV cables. Said I was checking into the problem,
which I am. If disconnecting the GEM box will fix the sound, I think she
would go for it. Guide is no loss anyway.

Seems something wasn't thought out well on that.

Cheers, Danny