Posted to rec.woodworking
noonenparticular

Default OT - Truck Died

sounds like the beginnings of a country song.....

jc

top posted for my convenience.

"J T" wrote in message
The other day, made my daily trip to town, then was taking my usual
little drive around town, before heading home. Out on the far edge of
town, and the trudk died Dead. No coudh, no sputter, nothing. Just
like turning the key off.

Checked, it was getting fuel to the carb, but no spark. No cell
phone, of course. Funny part, I'd just stopped at a Dollar Store to get
some batteries, and saw they were selling $20 cell phones, and $5 phone
cards. And, I decided to get one later. Arrrgghh. I was only a few
hundred yards from a store tho, and was able to call to have it carried
home.

The younger kid looked at it and determined it's probably ony the
module in the distributer. That should run less than $10, and he'll
probably be able to get it in tomorrow. Sometimes having kids is a good
thing. LOL

It's a '79 GMC pickup, with 130"K miles, and normally runs great.
Got it for about $1200 in about Jul 2001. Got a little rust, and isn't
worth restoring, the air condiditoning compressor died earlier this
year, the radio is giving problems, the defroster doesn't work (it's
still got heat), but it's not bad, and I'm gonna run it until it dies
beyond bringing back. After all, it's a pickup. If God had meant
mankind to walk he'd never have invented pickups.
Life is basically good.

JOAT
Don't believe everything you think.