Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Union or JIB rates for Bricklayers / Carpenters ???

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
And don't think the grass is greener in post production where my
colleagues are in a nice air conditioned suite...

I thought that these were the guys who spend their time in Soho wine
bars discussing Richard Attenborough and fridges. :-)

The good ol' days of post involving reels and reels of film and tape.
Where the producer, director and PA would all be present throughout the
entire session - although probably not awake for most of it.

Nowadays it's just one operator sat at a workstation on his own to do the
nuts and bolts - with the director just coming in to approve the final cut
and make slight alterations.

But then on a pleasant day it's a boon to be outside rather than
indoors. You can move about - not tied to a desk all day.

I don't find myself tied to a desk very often - yesterday was the
first time in over 3 weeks - more like tied to aircraft seats. Still,
at least I can turn on the noise-cancelling headphones and the iPod.

Last time I flew I wasn't so much tied to my seat but jammed in it by the
proximity of the one in front. So unless I can afford business class
minimum never again.

--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.