Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default I want to charge them not roast them ;-(

In article ,
T i m wrote:
That last one is close (at 8 cells) but again seems to 'boast' that
even in 'soft' mode will fully charge a cell in 2 hours? I was looking
at double that to ensure everything stayed cool and hence lasted as
long as poss? ;-(

The RC electric car guys were nearly all fan cooling their cells when
we last raced. I'd prefer to have more sets and charge them slower
(but not too slow). ;-)

Possibly why the Nicads in my big radio are nearly 20 years old .. ;-)

Yes. Most of mine are charged at the 1/10th capacity rate and via a timer
which shuts off after this. Definitely the best way for the longest life.
I keep the Mascot as a field charger just in case.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.