Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default I want to charge them not roast them ;-(

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:16:16 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
So I've been looking for a 'bulk' (12 x) / individually monitored
charger that would cover AAA and AA's and treat them gently .. charge
them in a 'few' hours rather than a few mins!

http://www.mascot.no/uk/

They do models that will charge more than 12 cells and different sizes
(not mixed) - NiMH and Ni-Cad all automatically. Reasonably fast charge
followed by float charge if required. CPC have about the best prices.

Thanks Dave,

Interesting stuff ..

I had a quick look thought the PDF's and it looks like they are bulk
chargers as in for 'packs' (batteries) rather than cells?

I can do some of what they offer with my RC Model 'Field Charger' but
it's not 'fool proof' enough for everyday 'family' use.

I'm looking for something they (we) can:

1) Use easily
2) Mix cell types / charge conditions
3) 'Indicates' individual cell issues (reverse / faulty etc).

Because of the cycling / camping / boating / camera / mp3 needs we
have tried to focus on AAA and AA cells (there are a couple of C / D
celled things as well but the existing charger can't seem to cook
them!) so that's why we need tobe able to do 'a lot' of cells at the
same time (but in different charge states).

Eg, if we were all going cycling on our solos and might need to come
home in the dark (along a towpath) I would like to know all 12 (3 x 4
cells) AA's in the headlamps were ready to rock .. (the tail lights
are LED so not such an issue).

All the best ..

T i m