Posted to uk.d-i-y
Suz

Default Bubble jet mountain

"Stuart Noble" wrote in message
mutley wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message Stuart Noble wrote:

[snip] Is there any other area of manufacturing where obsolescence is
so

blatantly built in? I'm sure these things are programmed to show faults
they don't really have after a certain time. Maybe that's the only way
they can make money, but the environmental consequences must be
considerable.

[snip]

Yes it's ********.

I've had my Epson Stylus Photo 890 for about 6 years. I've stripped it

twice

and cleaned with isopropyl and it prints as good as the day I bought it.

I still have an Epson Stylus Color which still prints fine in monochrome,

Well again, lucky you! Most won't print mono without the colour cartridge

That's not true. Only the cheapest entry level machines make black out of
colour. I used to sell them in my very first job a million years ago.
Epson were always the best in terms on print quality. Why anybody would
bother to have one is more than I know, it's so cheap and easy to upload and
order photo prints online these days. Inkjet printing for business headers
etc looks crap. Stick to mono laser for that.