Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default What shape table do I want?

Sonny wrote:

Why a typical style: square, triangle, half octagon? Why not
kidney bean shaped, a 30-60-90 degree roundish triangle (sleak)
with 3 legs indented well from the edges but curving outward, a
3-step tier (each tier random shaped and each a different wood),
or a random shape with a subtle colored (not so loud) inlay
chess/checker board?

I think I'm going to puke. No offense intended... different strokes
and all. My tastes in furniture run traditional and conservative. The
curvy, whacked out modern art masterpieces I see in some of the
woodworking magazines are definitely not my flavor. And any piece
that's described using the phrase "kidney bean" certainly falls in
that category. I suppose one man's art is another man's WTF?

Joe Barta