Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Bubble jet mountain

mutley wrote:
"Tim S" wrote in message Stuart Noble wrote:

[snip] Is there any other area of manufacturing where obsolescence is so

blatantly built in? I'm sure these things are programmed to show faults
they don't really have after a certain time. Maybe that's the only way
they can make money, but the environmental consequences must be
considerable.

[snip]

Yes it's ********.

I've had my Epson Stylus Photo 890 for about 6 years. I've stripped it

twice

and cleaned with isopropyl and it prints as good as the day I bought it.

I still have an Epson Stylus Color which still prints fine in monochrome,

Well again, lucky you! Most won't print mono without the colour cartridge