Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default missing shingles-serious?

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 01:41:51 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Eddie G" wrote in message
oups.com...
Great...I'm outside Philly and we are getting 6 inches of snow
tomorrow.
:-(

The guy on channel 2 in Baltimore says it's going through NC and SC
and won't get here, let alone to you. Of course he says everyone
else says otherwise.

I thought hte felt worked well as a roof, at least until it got
damaged by wind. Am I wrong? Snow storms aren't usually very windy.

The good new is, snow does not come through. Only when it melts!

Shingles overlap so you may still have some protection if they are in
individual spots versus a large patch.

Don't count of a lot of help from the homeowners warranty if you are talking
about one of those third party deals. I never hear of good results. OTOH,
they may give you a good enough patch job to buy you time to have it done
right by a reputable roofer.

I wish we were getting 6" of snow. We may be getting 14"

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.