Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TimPerry

Default Help with Univox Guitar Amp

"Mr. Land" wrote in message
ups.com...
when nixie tubes lit up glowing number displays that actually had curves

and
not straight segments.

I actually have a VOM that I still use (dare I admit this here?) that
makes use of exactly these nixie tubes you describe for its readout.
Personally, I find them much easier to read than the 7-segmented
equivalents.

Alas, I can remember everything on your list...

Best...

back when radios had DIALS

and cable lacing with waxed string was an art form.

i bet ya that nixie VOM is really a VTVM... but i think there were a few
FET-VOMs that used them.

i built a nixie frew counter for scratch once... blew it up a couple time
measuring the +5 with an unshielded probe... some lessons don't 'take' the
first time.