Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default Newsreaders (long & OT, what else?)

"Ken Moon" wrote:

"Arch" wrote in message
Hi Chuck & Tombs, Yep, "time flies like an arrow". No, I am _not
old enough to have known old Babbage personally, well maybe as a
child I knew Holtzapffel.

Yep, time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana! {:-)

First came flip-flops and Schmitt triggers and all those and, nand &
nor gates.
Then along came Heathkit's 40 pound op. amp. desk analogs, then those
fancy digital Vic20's with their complicated basic and massive
storage. Then packet, then BBS. and now I'm so totally lost I don't
understand any of this thread.

First computer I worked on was an analog device attached to a battle
field survelience radar, circa 1962. Thanks, USMC!
TRhen there was that digital monstrosity built by Burroughs fitted to
a crypto system. Didn't have flip-flops, used "ping-pong" circuits
instead. Memory was via individual bipolar magnetic toroids. It was
hot stuff in '63, but so were the 409 Chevies.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX

1965 - RCA 501 and 301. REAL memory. You could open a door and Look at
it. All 64K!