Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default Combination machines.

"charlie b" wrote in message
Frank Drackman wrote:

Overall I thought that you did an excellent job of outlining the combo
machine market. One very small thing, you can now get high-end combo
machines with dado capabilities. I know that Mini-Max and Felder have it
and I thought that Robland was adding it.

The USA market Robland X31 definitely does let you use
a dado blade. But it doesn't have a wheel driven blade height
adjustment mechanism, but rather a lever to raise and lower
the blade and a twist of the lever handle to lock it in position
or to allow it to move. Brian Lamb, a former Robland owner
who made enough money with it to upgrade to the top of
the combi market food chain - a loaded Felder - came up with
a mechanism that kept the quick rough height setting AND
fine height adjustment of the saw blade.

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...djInstall.html

Brian works from his wheel chair and finds having
a sliding table quite handy. Being a really good woodworker
doesn't hurt either.

charlie b

I read all of Brian's posts on the Felder forum. He knows a lot and makes
great stuff.