Grunff

Default laser level safety googles

dave wrote:
I just bought one of those laser levels and am very pleased with it. However I
think it makes sense to get some laser safety goggles. The laser is "only" 1mW
class II but still I think it makes sense. Anyone know somewhere (in uk) I can
get such goggles? Thanks.

It really, really isn't important to get goggles, honest.

I used to work with lasers (in a lab), and I can tell you
categorically that 1mW red won't do your eyes any harm at all
unless you stare into it for several seconds. In the same way a
pencil won't do your eyes any harm unless you poke yourself in
the eye with the sharp end.

A quick look into the beam won't do you any harm.

More to the point, at 1mW, any decent laser goggles will result
in you not seeing the dot/line except for in very dark situations.

--
Grunff