Dee

Default Laminate flooring or new floorboards?

"Tenex" wrote in message
Dee wrote:
"Tenex" wrote in message
Dee wrote:
Tenex,
As a suggestion if you ripped up your old boards, cleaned
underneath, laid 6-8" of rockwool to fill the void and laid the
foam underlay on top of the joists and then nailed your new boards
down you may get a decrease in noise.

Only a suggestion, not tried it myself so am happy to be shot down

AndyP

I see where you're going but I the noise I'm referring to is that
transmitted directly (ie. through the boards to joists etc) rather
than the noise passively passed through the void.

That's why I suggested putting the form on top of the joists (under
the new boards)

AndyP

Understood but you still have to nail through so are creating a solid
connection which isn't there with laminate? I'm probably completely awry
here! Thanks

Yeah, I see your point. Hard to know what accoustic reductions you could
expect without as the chap below has said trying it out.

AndyP