Posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.home.repair
HFguy

Default Want to replace old flat tv cable with better coax.

jg wrote:
I couldn't tell you what kind of antenna I have if my life depended on
it. It is big and it is very high. At least 40 feet high. If memory
serves correctly, I only have one antenna for both VHF and UHF. (Too
dark to see right now.)

Is the antenna 40-ft high from the ground or roof top? How do you get up
to it? With an antenna that high you want to do it right the first time.
I strongly suggest getting a new antenna with a good UHF front-end and a
rotator to fine tune the aiming. An antenna amplifier would be a good
investment too. I would use coax because it's stronger and more durable
than twinlead. This will minimize the possibility of a broken downlead,
requiring you to go back up to the antenna.
Be very careful with this project. Have a helper close by and look out
for power lines that might come in contact with the antenna and mast.
Good luck.