Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen

Default New Jet 16" Planer JWP-160S

Max Mahanke wrote:
You"ll wish you had held out for the Jet 15" the first time you have to
change knives. The 15" has the motor mounted in the base (a direct steal
from Powermatic post aquisition) with a nice big unobstructed access panel
on the top. The top-mounted motor is a direct steal from Delta and puts
changing knives on par with changing spark plugs on a '73 Corvette.

I've never used either of them, but it seems to me that the fixed lower
table would allow you to build fixed in/outfeed extensions if desired.

Or are extensions not required?

Wonder if anyone ever made a motor-in-base-but-fixed-table planer....

Chris