Gunner

Default Straighten a acme lead screw?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 01:21:35 GMT, clay
wrote:

I can't believe you snipped my great story!!!!!

Terribly sorry old man..Im still stressing about dropping the Gorton
Pantograph...

Gunner

Gunner wrote:

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:27:14 GMT, clay
wrote:

Advice. I several times have had to straighten a shaft, but mounting in a
lathe chuck near the start of the bend, and fixing a dial indicator on the
side and close to the chuck nose, and then very carefully (with a piece of
close fintting tube/pipe) bent the shaft just past center, reclamping the
newly straighted section, and then repeating the process. At every step,
I would spin the shaft to find the high side.

clay

This is the way I thought to do it. Thanks for the info.

Gunner

"Anyone who cannot cope with firearms is not fully human. At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not
make messes in the house."
With appologies to RAH..