Posted to rec.woodworking
B a r r y

Default Are you as careful with everything as you are with your woodworking?

Australopithecus scobis wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:03:37 +0000, B a r r y opined:

There are times when you need to fly on precision that takes similar
effort to "half a 64th" woodworking.

As this thread has already gone OT, I'll ask: what are some examples of
such flying?

Low level flying?

Of course.

Instrument landings in crappy wx?

Another, but GPS greatly simplifies things.

Night carrier landings?

I've never done one or ridden along on one, and don't plan on it. G

Others:
- gusty crosswind landings on tight fields
- "suddenly defective" aircraft
- flight in very busy controlled airspace, like the NYC metro area
- with an FAA or Designated Examiner on board

Precision aside, an enjoyable, safe flight usually is the result of
proper planning, setup, and the checking of available information, just
like a precise woodworking operation. For instance, a trimmed,
stabilized, precisely flown airport traffic pattern makes for an easy
landing, just like a properly executed rip on a well-adjusted saw.

Barry