Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default Cheap ESR Meter

I have both the DSE (made from kit) and the Atlas. I carry the Atlas and
use it almost exclusively because of the size. If you get one get the hands
free kit.

Building the kit is time comsuming but not hard. Great value product.

Leonard

"James T. White" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com
Looking at two budget meters, the Dick Smith, available from AU for
$44 US + shipping and the MATelectronics MUL-3333 for $50 + shipping.
Anyone have experience with either? Is the kit doable for a rank
beginner? I do have a Weller station, will travel...

I can't comment on those ESR meters, but if you are willing to consider
something a bit more costly, take a look at the Peak ESR60
(http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/jz_esr60.html). It reads both the
capacitance and ESR which can be handy if your DVM doesn't have a
capacitance scale.

--
James T. White