Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Drackman

Default Combination machines.

"George" George@least wrote in message

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I don't see much discussion about combination machines. Like Felder etc.
Is it because the the hefty prices or, are there other reasons we don't
like them?

They make some sense to me. Retirement is highly overrated.

They are for shops where most of the work, other than stock preparation,
is done by hand. Changes and tweaks eat time.

Retirement's great. Ever consider getting a hobby?

I don't think that hand work has anything to do with it.. I think that for
most people it comes down to maximizing shop space. Getting a 12" sliding
table saw, shaper, 12" jointer, 12" planer, and tenoning machine into a shop
with separate components takes a lot of room. Combining them into a single
machine saves a lot of space.