Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Combination machines.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I don't see much discussion about combination machines. Like Felder etc.
Is it because the the hefty prices or, are there other reasons we don't
like them?

They make some sense to me. Retirement is highly overrated.

Well in the case of the ShopSmith I am not impressed. However If you want
to see a Tool Porn Video order the Laguna DVD. They have the signature
series combination machines made by Knapp. I love the part where "Mr.
Laguna" sets on the cross cut sliding table and pushes himself 6 or so feet
away from the saw. A lovely machine. One of their machines is on sale
right now on their web site for only $16995.
The cool machine has IIRC a 16" jointer/planer and the jointer equipped with
2 extra extensions is 9' long. + the TS, Mortiser, Shaper and built in
mobile base.

http://www.lagunatools.com/sign_series.htm
http://www.lagunatools.com/images/knapp_pricelist.pdf