Posted to rec.woodworking
cm

Default Combination machines.

I have done a little research and have emailed back and forth with a few
owners of these machines and have decided to pick up a used Robland x31. I
have been watching them on ebay for the last 6 months and they are selling
for $2500.00 - $4000.00. The X31's sell for just under $7,000 new. There is
a Rojek available here in Arizona. It is the second from the bottom as far
as size goes for them. It sold new for $12,000.00. the guy is asking for
$8,000.00 but it is too big for a garage workshop. I think the foot print on
that rojek is 7'X7'. It is quite impressive!

Most of the manufacturers have mobility kits available and on some of these
machines like the rojek you can use a pallet jack to move it around.

There is not much fiddling between machine changes on these machines.

AZCRAIG

www.vintagetrailersforsale.com

"Robatoy" wrote in message
I don't see much discussion about combination machines. Like Felder etc.
Is it because the the hefty prices or, are there other reasons we don't
like them?

They make some sense to me. Retirement is highly overrated.