Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sponix

Default Pipe bender question

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:07:41 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Sponix wrote:
No it just means please ensure the copper you try to bend is
sufficiently malleable to take that bend radius without cracking. That
isn't going to apply to central heating pipe if that's what you bought
it for.

Yup, just to bend normal 15mm and 22mm copper pipes.

It might struggle with 22mm - I've heard of some cheap benders breaking.
Annealing it would reduce the effort needed - but be a bore.

It seems quite robust so I'll give it a go and see what happens. Works
fine on 15mm and does a neat job.

I only need it to do 3 or 4 'hops' over adjacent pipework and it was
cheaper than buying the appropriate fittings..

sponix