Posted to uk.d-i-y
news.btinternet.com

Default building a trailer

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
T i m wrote:

I used the Indespension 6'6" x 4' chassis as a starter (easier
than sourcing / designing the base at the time) and built it up
from there (it started as a 1m high box trailer for my Disco
gear, sold to a mate, bought back some years later and rebuilt
down to your 18" high idea) ;-)

I used exterior quality ply and most of it is still original (I
think I put a new floor in after 15 years) ;-)

I started costing it all, and decided that £200 wasn't actually a bad
price considering you get brand new chassis, tyres, bearings, etc, all
galvanised and ready to go. Sometimes DIY doesn't add up to VFM.

Can you point me to the indespension chassis you mention as I struggled to
fing it on their website?

Also, are you suggesting that you can source new parts and build a trailer
for £200?

Thanks