Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

Default Rebuild Costs And How To Find Them

I was wondering the other day ...re Buildings Insurance renewal ...how
to work out what rebuilding costs are .I live in a red sandstone
tenement ( block of flats ) property that is about 100 years old and
consists of 8 flats...1 and 2 bedroom flats.... in each close/entrance
.
Is there any way of getting a rebuild cost . At present I think it is
at £55000 for my flat but that figure is years old . The actual
rebuild cost would,of course depend on what damage had been done to
the rest of the property which extends to 40 flats in the entire
block..Typical flats are selling for a round £100,000 at present..

Any help appreciated .Do Insurance companies keep such a way of

Are you too lazy to use Google?

http://calculator.bcis.co.uk/

Peter Crosland